On a scale of lowest to highest, the state and local effective tax rate for Mississippi ranks 36th in the nation, according to a new WalletHub.com study of tax burdens imposed by the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- 1 21.6 percent of people 25 or older had an associate's degree or higher in Tremont, Mississippi
- 2 2,094 manufacturing businesses in the U.S. have between 500 and 999 employees in 2016
- 3 Mississippi children in foster care numbered 4,703 last year
- 4 Census Bureau: 0.4% of people in Toccopola identified as multi-racial in 2017
- 5 Two businesses in George County had between 250 and 499 employees in 2016
Get the latest business news and updates - delivered right to your inbox
By signing up you agree to receive email newsletters or alerts from Mississippi Business Daily. You can unsubscribe at any time.